Tuesday, July 28, 2009

June 13

On Saturday Calvin drove us all around in the coaster. We stopped at the craft market where I picked up an abundance of jewelry and art made from coconuts, wood, and bamboo. Then we made our way to Bob's house. I was a little disappointed with the museum because there wasn't much to learn. Everything was communicated verbally and it all seemed rushed. I thought there would be information to read, however I really enjoyed the one room that was completely filled with photographs. Overall it was a tourist trap and the house and property was more of a tour than a museum. I did however only pay the Jamaican rate of $5 for the tour, so it was worth the experience.

This monument below stands in the center of National Hero's Park in Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment