Friday, July 10, 2009

May 28

On Thursday we visited more possible work sites and then we had the day to ourselves. I decided to walk to the square with Mr. Dunkin to grab some lunch. We stopped and talked to almost everyone while we were walking, including these two cuties.


On the way back from the square, I stopped to play with three little kids on my lane. They were catching fiddler crabs, which is something I have always been interested in trying. They showed me their method and then they handed over the stick and two soda bottles and it was my turn. The area where we were playing was scattered with broken glass and old car parts, but that didn't seem to phase them. I would eventually see these kids again because they attend Yallahs Basic School.



I finished my afternoon by loungin' in the hammock and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. I wrote in my journal for class and took a long nap before it was time for class and dinner. Looking back, I wish I would have taken more time to write in my journal, but after the first week it was more of a chore than a hobby.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the jornaling (sp?) - I always want to do it when I'm traveling to remember the little details, but it's so hard to find the time! At least you'll have all of these blog entries to refer back to when you move to Jamaica;-)

    ReplyDelete